Your body is miraculous. Made for bearing, giving birth and feeding a child, it has a natural ability to adapt to the needs of your growing baby.
Classes are currently running online via Zoom.
In line with the current governments advice, all face-to-face classes are cancelled.
Please see the schedule below for dates of upcoming classes.
Yoga for Pregnancy & Birth
I have been running these classes for 7 years and have heard countless stories of how these sessions have deeply empowered women in feeling more comfortable and confident in pregnancy, and in birthing their babies (in whichever way is best for them).
Classes are specially designed to meet the changing needs of your body, mind and emotions during this transformative time whilst supporting your growing baby too. No prior yoga experience is necessary.
With the focus on physical yoga moves, breathing practises, exploring feelings and deep relaxation, the classes offer a nourishing, safe place to be, just as you are. You will learn how to connect more deeply to your body whilst bonding with your baby and other mums to be. Many women come along and make lasting friendships, which really supports a healthy motherhood journey. This means mums to be have a supportive group around them ready for when babies arrive.
- Relaxed movements and gentle sequences help calm the mind, exercise the body and regulate your emotions.
- Simple breathing practises to help you feel centred and calm, empowering you to respond to potentially stressful situations with control and comfort.
- Visualisations, affirmations and practical resources to support you throughout your pregnancy and labour.
- A time and space to focus solely on yourself, your pregnancy and your baby.
- Relief from general aches and pains.
- Pelvic floor tone for birth preparation.
- A deeper connection with your body and your baby.
- Learn how to relax and trust your body to birth your baby in the way that is right for you.
- A compassionate and empathic group setting to connect with other women on a similar journey to yourself.
Gentle flowing Yoga sequences adapted for pregnancy are guided through, to encourage circulation of blood and oxygen for your body, mind and growing baby. Gentle breath work is learned to calm and soothe your whole being, empowering you to respond to potentially stressful situations with control and comfort.
When can I attend?
From 13 weeks up until baby is due, sometimes women even come during the early stages of labour.
What do I need to bring with me?
A blanket, cushion and drink of water (mats and blocks provided).
What shall I wear?
Something comfortable that you can move around in.
Do I need to have practised yoga before?
No, classes are suitable for all abilities.
Can I drop in?
Classes run in blocks of 6 sessions - One session can be carried forward, and if you work shifts, you can book your 6 sessions over an extended period of time.